Voting

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Vacation

We enjoyed having Matt home for the last 10 days and spent half of the time up in Door County. The weather was gorgeous while we were there and we spent several days at the beach playing in the sand. We also enjoyed eating a lot of ice cream and had fun just relaxing. We only did a little shopping, which is highly unusual for me, and we spent most of the afternoons on the deck reading and enjoying the beautiful weather while the kids napped inside. We definitely needed this vacation to rest and unwind since somehow we managed to schedule most of Matt's vacation weeks into the last 4 months of the year (yes, we have a LOT of vacation time coming up). Here are some pictures from our week. I took most of the pictures with my old camera since I didn't want to take my new one to the beach (good thing since I hear sand inside my old one and the dials are sticky from all the sand in them...oops). I think I have a few on my new camera but will have to transfer them onto the laptop first.






2 comments:

Kristin said...

I'm so happy you got time to relax. Sitting on a deck reading sounds so wonderful to me.

Carrie said...

Fun! Love the pic of Matt and Elizabeth walking on the dock. Isn't all of the post-residency vacation great? Jon has 5 weeks to use up until the end of the year :) Love it!