Voting

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Shaping up to be a good day

After a string of what I would call 'bad' days (I'm still adjusting to being a stay-at-home mom after grad school/working for the past 10 years), I think today is shaping up to be a good, if not great, day. First of all, we had blinds installed in Jack and Elizabeth's rooms yesterday and it is 8:20 and Elizabeth is STILL sleeping-making the blinds worth every cent I paid for them! I enjoyed a long shower and got dressed while Jack was watching Mickey in our bed and he entertained himself by making a pillow fort. Secondly, after months of waiting for our yard to be done I notice little pieces of grass making their way through the dirt. Yay, I'm hoping for a yard by September (which we were supposed to have in June and have been planning for since April). It will be great to have a place where Jack and Misha can run around in. Third, the last of my furniture order is being delivered today. Yay! I've been waiting since May for Jack's bed to arrive and two chairs for our Hearth room. And best of all, Matt hired a babysitter for tonight so we can go out alone to dinner. Yipeee! I sure do miss our old babysitters Nicki and Derick and knowing I could just have them come 5 minutes before we had to leave because Jack loved them so much, but I'm trying to move on (and no Nic we aren't replacing you!).
So, I'm hoping my day goes as well as it's starting off with no potty accidents to clean up.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Sound like a wonderful day, a child sleeping in until past 8 (I thought we were doing well with a 7:30 today), a date planned for tonight (wonderful), new furniture (my dream). I'm not jealous or anything.