Voting

Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July





Since Matt was on call for 96 hours (no, the 96 hours is NOT a typo) over the holiday weekend, I decided to take the kids to Iowa to spend the weekend with my parents. Both of my sisters and their families were also there so we enjoyed seeing everyone. Jack and Elizabeth loved playing with their flags, unfortunately, despite my super fast camera, I could not get a decent picture of them together waving their flags. My parents and aunt took Jack to the parade since it was cold and raining and I didn't want Elizabeth to get soaked. Jack had a great time running into the street to get candy thrown from the floats. He came home with a bag full of soaking wet candy and was just thrilled. I left the candy bag in Iowa and am now just waiting for his reaction when he asks for it! Later in the morning, we went to the park and participated in more of the festivities when the rain cleared (more pictures to come from my other camera).

1 comment:

Kristin said...

LOve their shirts, smart move on leaving the candy. :)