Voting

Friday, February 13, 2009

Elizabeth at 14 months



I took these pictures of Elizabeth almost 2 weeks ago, on her 14 month birthday. I wonder how the past year and 2 months have gone by so quickly. She is transforming into a toddler before my eyes, although in so many ways she is still a baby. She sleeps best only after enjoying a bottle before taking a nap or going to bed for the night. She still wakes up at least once most nights. She has been walking independently since a few days before her first birthday, but she still is unsteady and sometimes will crawl if she decides that will get her to where she wants faster. She has started climbing up the stairs, but gets scared halfway up and starts crying for someone to rescue her. She is still too afraid to try to go down them by herself. She loves to play on her zebra and sit like a big girl on the rocking chair. She is chattering up a storm and we can make out a few new words each week. She has "uh oh", "daddy (pronounced dadeeeeeeeeeeeeeee", and "gaga" down and when she's hungry or sees food she says "nana" and "nigh nigh" for her blanket and pacifier. When the phone rings she always thinks it is daddy so she screams "dadeeeeeeeeeeeeeee". Only occasionally do I hear "mama". She also has started signing for all done, more, and milk so understanding what she wants is getting easier. When we are getting ready to leave the house she will bring me her shoes to put on and she will try to put her hat on herself. One of the cutest things she does is when she wants lotion on her hands she brings me the bottle and then rubs her hands together. She loves to cuddle and immediately will lie her head on my shoulder when I pick her up. She is frugal with her kisses and thinks that is funny. She has the most radiant smile and the cutest giggle and a temper that can compete with an adult when angry. I know it’s only a matter of time when the gray area between baby and toddler becomes more clearly defined and until then I just want to enjoy every minute of my baby.

No comments: