Voting

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Slowly growing, but growing nonetheless

We met our new pediatrician last week and had Elizabeth's belated 9 month checkup. At just over 10 months, she's teetering on the growth curve. She weighed in at 16.9 pounds which puts her at 5%. I think our new doctor thought I was nuts as I was THRILLED that she was on the curve, even at the low percent. I had to spend a good portion of the visit explaining to her that her brother was even smaller, weighing just 16 pounds at one year and still weighs just 26 pounds. I told her about all the tests that Jack went through at Mayo when he was Elizabeth's age and thankfully all were normal, albeit painful for him. I think I convinced her that our kids are just small.

1 comment:

carriefish said...

Haven't really had a problem with my boys being on the growth curve, but I can see where you would be very excited! Yea Elizabeth!