Voting

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Tantrums

I was supposed to go with Matt this weekend to the wedding of his good friend from med school, but I decided at the last minute to stay home--figured I should be home at least one weekend before we move (I think it's 9 days from now...and not ready).

Anyway, it's been so long since Jack has had a full blown temper tantrum and of course, he would have to have one today when Matt is away for the weekend. I should have seen it coming since he was still awake 2 hours after I put him in bed last night, was up around 5am, and then we played outside this morning while Elizabeth was napping (was hoping I could run some of the energy out of him!). We took a quick trip to Target at 11 and I promised him if he was good we could get a cheeseburger for lunch (my super skinny kid now LOVES McDonald's and we are all for the mega calories he can eat in one meal). Anyway, it started when he ran away from me in the parking lot and continued when he wouldn't get in the cart. I did what any sane person would do and loaded both kids (sleeping Elizabeth and screaming Jack) in the car and came home with nothing off my list. And of course, no cheeseburger.
I know he was tired and I probably should have been more patient. He did end up taking a 3 hour nap this afternoon and I did cave in and go to McDonald's for dinner-after our 2nd trip to Target today. Here's to no tantrums tomorrow...

1 comment:

Kristin said...

So impressed you didn't lose it in the parking lot, I would have, and I probably would have kept going to Target the first time anyways thinking it wouldn't get any better later. Way to go good mom, and I would have caved for the burger as well, not because he was good, but because Mama hates to cook when Daddys not home. Please let me know how I can help these last couple of day.