Voting

Sunday, May 23, 2010

No more untied shoes



Jack has successfully learned how to tie his shoes by himself. We've been practicing for awhile so he would be able do it by the time he started kindergarten so he wouldn't have to wear velcro shoes to school. I told him that he would run a lot faster in shoes with laces instead of velcro. He finally figured out how to put the steps together a couple of weeks ago. I admit, it is a bittersweet milestone for me. After tying his shoes for years, it is nice to just tell him to get his shoes on when needed; however, it is also another reminder that my little guy is growing up so quickly.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

SOO impressive! Good job mom, I've given up on all my boys, the older one can tie, but choose instead to slip their tied shoes on. I have no hopes for Isaac.