Voting

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A busy weekend


We had such a fun weekend this past weekend. Matt was off on Friday so we took Jack and Elizabeth to see Thomas the train at the National Train Museum. Jack loved the train ride, which was pulled by Thomas. He also loved the bounce houses and could have spent all day bouncing! We left just before lunch and melt down time.

On Saturday, I participated in the Bellin 10K run which is the fourth largest 10K in the United States. There were over 16,000 participants but with the wave start it didn't feel overwhelming. However, I was a bit frustrated at the beginning when I got held up behind slower people and people who decided to walk from the start. It was a gorgeous morning for the race and I was so thankful that Matt and the kids came to cheer me on. They were at the end of mile 5 and gave me the boost I needed to get to the finish line. I was hoping to finish in under an hour, but my official time was 1:00:17. I doubt I could have ran 18 seconds faster. The last two miles were really hard and I wish I would have had a few more weeks to train for the longer distance. Anyway, I ended up finishing 1551 out of 8079 women so I was pleased with that considering it was my first race.

On Sunday, we enjoyed more family time and after church had a lazy summer day. I finally got some flowers planted after dodging several thunderstorms and Jack enjoyed his new favorite treat, a fudgecicle.

1 comment:

carriefish said...

Love the fudgesicle! I let carter get something from the ice cream truck (in okc). Of all his choices he went with a fudgesicle :)