Voting

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A glimpse of Jack at age 4


















Jack celebrated his 4th birthday last week. I can't believe he is four. It seems like yesterday I was holding him in the hospital, a scared new mommy. I remember bringing him home from the hospital and counting the minutes until my mom could come help us. The first time Matt and I (yes, it took two of us) changed his diaper at home, he peed on us and then we didn't have the diaper on well so he next peed all over his clothes and crib. Within 10 minutes of having him home we had to wash everything!

Obviously, we have come a long way in the last 4 years. Jack is such a joy, most of the time. :) He has really grown up this past year.

Here's a glimpse of Jack at age 4:

He's now so independent and can do most things himself. He's so inquisitive and wants to know how everything works. His vocabulary is expanding and gone are the days where he mispronounces most words. I've stopped correcting him when he says "I begot" instead of "I forgot" or "memember" instead of "remember" since I know those soon he will correct on his own and the days of baby talk will be long gone. He still is such a small guy, weighing in at exactly 30 pounds on his fourth birthday. He's more concerned with playing than with eating. He often tells me that he chose to skip snack at preschool in order to keep playing in the block area. However, he does love Cheetos and anything chocolate. We often bribe him with chocolate in order to get him to eat all the food on his plate. His favorite color is yellow and his favorite things to do are play soccer with daddy and ride his motorcycle big wheel. He is a self-proclaimed artist, although rarely does he choose to participate in the art activity at school. He never misses a "neno" (his word for cuddle) at bed time with mommy and daddy and he told me his favorite song is "the neno song" (a song I made up for him). When he grows up he wants to be a doctor and a worker man and thinks that he will be very busy with two jobs.









No comments: